Today was the kick off for our latest project, a pricing benchmarking study in Switzerland. Together with the project leader, Michaela Eisele, a student at the Institute of Marketing and Managment at the University of Bern, we want to answer the following research questions:
– What is the state of the art of pricing in Swiss firms?
– What are the biggest pricing challenges?
– Is there an established pricing process in Swiss firms?
– Is there a position such as a chief pricing officer (CPO)?
– Are there any differences in pricing in different industries?
– How professional is the pricing in Swiss firms in general?
In this study, we will conduct several in depth interviews with senior marketing officers of various Swiss firms. Based on the results, we will also carry out a large scale quantiative survey in order to generalize our results from the qualiative interview phase. First results of the pricing benchmarking study in Switzerland are expected for October 2007.
|About the author: Klaus Miller is PHD candidate and working as research assistant at the Institute of Marketing of the University of Bern|